Thursday, November 20, 2008

using the public library

Thank you all for joining our list serve.  We hope this will be a valuable tool for sharing ideas.  **PLEASE REMEMBER TO REPLY ALL when answering so we can all benefit from your thoughts.

One of our sites offered this feedback from 07-08:
I love the library and stop in once or twice a week; and in my 6 years as a birth to three lead teacher, I have only seen one of my mothers with her children at the library.  So in my dream world, I would like to be successful at encouraging families to get a library card and introduce themselves and their children to the magical world of opportunities that hte library holds for their family and child's future.  The things that I have tried in the past have not been successful, so I welcome other ideas. 

What have you done that has worked in getting families to use the public libraries?  


No comments: